City Mountaineering bringing Expeditions to The UK
Expeditioning should not simply be restricted to the High mountains and remote places around the world.
City Mountaineering is leading the way in opening up UK destinations to multi-day, expedition-style adventures.
Whether you want to train for the more extreme expeditions around the world such as Kilimanjaro, Aconcagua, Denali or one of the many Himalayan Peaks, or simply want to adventure in the UK, we have designed these expeditions to suit everybody, whatever your intention.
We have picked the best areas, the most rewarding hikes and we travel to the most remote areas that the UK has to offer, from The Skye Trail in the summer, to traversing The Cairngorms in the heart of winter, with many other multi-day expeditions in all mountainous areas of The UK.
With such a variety of options, every trip is different and the chosen routes will depend on the group and the weather. We will journey through the lesser hiked, but no less spectacular areas of The UK
We will hike off track to avoid the crowds and to truly explore the UK Wilderness.
You don't need to have any prior experience of remote hiking and the small group size will enable us to give you our full attention throughout the trip, ensuring your safety and enjoyment is our number one priority.
Cost of Expeditions includes:
- Pre/post-expedition accommodation
- Use of all camping kit when necessary (e.g. Tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, water filtration, stove)
- Use of technical kit when necessary (e.g. Pulk/sled, Snow shoes, crampons, helmet, ice axe)
- Guided hiking by a highly experienced experienced and qualified mountain leader
- Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners when in the wilderness
- Logistical support and transfers
- Return travel from London*
* Exceptions apply
MORE EXCITING TRIPS TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON:
- Outer Hebrides (North)
- Outer Hebrides (South)
- West/East Traverse of The Brecon Beacons