23-31 May 2020
A 9-day trip in total taking in 7-days hiking the Skye Trail, an established but little trodden and for the most part deserted route of 127km (79 miles) through the island of Skye. There are no waymarks for the route and many sections do not even have a path. However; the route is familiar to us and the rewards as you walk south from the most northerly point on the island are many in terms of:
• Spectacular mountain views - passing under the shadow of the jagged Red and Black Cuillins, quite possibly the finest mountain range in Britain;
• Coastal scenery - from beaches to cliff-tops in areas that are remarkable but almost unvisited;
• Haunting ruins of villages - deserted in the highland clearances;
• Visiting remote island communities, and;
• Superb opportunities for watching wildlife.
This route has been devised for those who prefer to get well away from the beaten track and is a trip never to be forgotten!
• Guided hiking by an experienced and qualified Mountain Leader
• Travel and logistical Support from Inverness
• All food whilst hiking - from breakfast on Sunday 24th May to lunch on Saturday 30th May - excluding a rest day pub meal half way through the hike.
• All accommodation (tents provided for wild camping sections, hostels & B&Bs)
• Return transport between London and Inverness
• Your personal hiking kit
• food & drink before/after the hike and on the rest day