LETS TALK ABOUT THE NITTY GRITTY BITS
Terms and Conditions
1. City Mountaineering is in the business to help people realise their goals. We undertake to do all in our power to help make your trip and your involvement with City Mountaineering both a positive and rewarding experience.
2. Any reference to the term ‘trip’ in these booking conditions covers any course, trek, walk, climb, event, expedition, or otherwise named product or service we sell or provide.
3. All bookings are made with City Mountaineering, a trading name of 7b Plus Limited which is a limited company registered in England and Wales (Number: 09558743) and whose registered address is 7 The Shrubberies, George Lane, South Woodford, London E18 1BD. The company is fully bonded in compliance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations including Financial protection.
4. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the Company shall be subject to and governed by English Law.
Payment – price and deposit
5. Payment in full is required at the point of booking a place on our trips.
6. It is important to be aware that once your trip is booked, you have entered into a binding contract for which a non-refundable deposit has been paid as part of the trip price.
7. Non-Refundable Deposit: a deposit is required and taken for all trips, payable immediately at the point of booking online; said amount is included in the total trip price paid at the rate of 30% of the quoted trip price for UK trips of less than 7 days duration and to 10% for non-UK trips and UK trips of 7 or more days duration.
8. The Company may request from you a supplementary payment for any international flight should the airline concerned, or its agent, demand such a payment from the Company in order to reserve or confirm a seat or otherwise facilitate travel on your behalf.
9. Please be aware that, should you wish to cancel your trip at any time after booking, cancellation penalties will be applied according to the date of receipt by us of written cancellation notice.
10. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable travel and cancellation insurance coverage in place from the time of booking.
Cancelations and Refunds
11. Cancellation of a trip by the Company will entitle you to a refund of the full cost of your trip excluding any transaction fees incurred directly by the Company, unless cancellation has been forced by an Act of God, force majeure, or unforeseen government intervention, in which case the actual costs incurred by the Company will be subtracted from any refund due. No other compensation will be allowable.
12. The Company reserves the right to cancel any trip that does not have sufficient people taking part to make the trip financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we undertake to provide notice of the fact as soon as possible. Issue of such notice will not occur less than 7 days before the departure date for UK trips and no less than 30 days before the departure date for non-UK trips.
13. Cancellation of bookings requested by the Client must be notified to the Company in writing by email. Refund conditions are based upon the date of receipt by us of written notification and set out below and repeated on-line in our Returns Policy:
a. For UK trips of less than 7 days duration, cancellation notice received within
i. 14 days of departure - 0% of the refundable amount returned
ii. 15 - 30 days of departure - 50% of the refundable amount returned
iii. 31+ days of departure - 100% of the refundable amount returned
b. For ex-UK trips and UK trips longer than 6 days, cancellation notice received within
iv. 30 days of departure - 0% of the refundable amount returned
v. 31 - 60 days of departure - 50% of the refundable amount returned
vi. 61+ days of departure - 100% of the refundable amount returned
14. In all cases the administrative and transaction costs borne by the Company in making refunds, amounting to 15% of the amount agreed due for refund, will be deducted from the amount agreed prior to any refund transaction being made to the client.
15. City Mountaineering representatives, other than the Director of the Company, are neither permitted to nor entitled to promise refunds or any additional services in lieu to clients for whatever reason and the Company will not be bound by any such promise.
Travel and Transportation
16. If any trip requires a flight, such flights are booked in economy class on scheduled national carriers or budget airlines. At the time of booking, we are unable to name the airline, or the type of aircraft, and flight details will be sent to you within one month of your departure. Transfers to and from the originating airport and any first and last hotel are not included.
17. Air travel that is part of a trip is subject to the conditions as stipulated by the airline concerned and liability is limited in accordance with International Convention.
18. Individuals are responsible for obtaining their own visas and any associated travel permissions for the destination country and all countries transited en route.
19. Non-UK Nationals should consult their own government for advice on travel to the destination country and all countries transited en route. The Company will, however, be guided by and rely upon advice as issued from time to time by the UK Foreign Office.
20. If any trip requires train travel, such tickets are booked in standard class and subject to the conditions of carriage as stipulated by the rail company issuing the ticket.
21. If you book to join a trip on a ‘land only’ basis, the Company cannot accept any responsibility for travel arrangements that you make in order to join that trip at any specified location.
22. The Company accepts no financial liability that may arise from any enforced change to your travel plans due to alteration of the trip dates, the itinerary, or trip cancellation, howsoever caused. You are advised to obtain cancellation insurance and to book transferable and/or refundable travel tickets with no penalties in case a cancellation should occur.
23. The Company cannot be held responsible for any missed connecting transport required to join the trip at the specified location when booked independently of the Company.
24. The Company may for operating reasons be required to adjust advertised departure and return dates by 24 hours, even after bookings have been accepted and paid.
25. Whilst the Company will make every effort to adhere to a planned itinerary, it must be realised that in this type of adventurous travel your final itinerary may differ from that previously communicated.
26. Itinerary changes may occur at short notice due to adverse weather, force majeure, mountain conditions, client or leader illness, road conditions, or to operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation, facilities, aircraft, vessels and other forms of transport, for which the Company accepts no responsibility howsoever caused.
27. The Company will make every effort to inform you of the nature of any change and its impact as we know of each change before or after departure. Should any changes prove unavoidable and involve clients in extra costs, such as accommodation, transportation and meals, any such costs will be borne by the client.
28. The company reserves the right to substitute any advertised trip leader. The trip leader may be a freelanced/contracted individual who is not an employee of the company.
29. If the company appoints a freelance leader, the company will ensure that the appointed leader has the requisite skills and qualifications to lead the group in the activity.
30. In making a booking you attest that you understand hiking, climbing, mountaineering, and trekking are all hazardous activities that carry a risk of serious injury or death.
31. Neither the Company nor any of their representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on their trip except where such illness, injury or death is caused by negligence on the part of their representatives, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property or equipment brought on any trip.
32. On assessing the likely conditions expected to be encountered in the mountains or the abilities of the team members, your trip Leader may decide to change any aspect of the trip if they believe that to continue with the itinerary would place anyone at undue risk.
33. To take part in one of our trips it is your responsibility to be covered by insurance adequate for the activity for complete duration of the trip. Your insurance must include cover for: cancellation, medical expenses, injury, death and for non-UK trips, the costs of repatriation, search and rescue, and helicopter evacuation.
34. If in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation of a client from a trip either by foot, helicopter, or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client.
35. Any subsequent post-rescue costs for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc. shall be borne by the client.
36. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance is in place before departure and failure to demonstrate same may disqualify participation without compensation.
37. In case of a suspected or confirmed emergency involving you or the group of which you are a member, the Company reserves the right to arrange (or to make arrangements for its or your insurers to arrange) search, rescue and recovery as it deems appropriate and reasonable. You agree to indemnify the Company and keep the Company indemnified from all losses, apportioned appropriately to you, arising from any such search, any such helicopter usage and any resulting repatriation, for medical or non-medical reasons, including legal costs of making a recovery against you.
38. A client leaving a trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by the Director of The Company.
39. The Company shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, as updated by the GDPR Regulation). When you make a booking, you consent to the information you provide being passed on to the Company’s suppliers, agents, sub-contractors, employees, or volunteers whether based inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of our providing you with the trip.
40. By agreeing to these booking conditions, you consent to the Company’s staff taking photographs and/or video footage of you during the trip and that these images may be used by the Company for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites material and in the media. Photos and video footage supplied by you or other team members may also be used as described above.
41. On the advancement of any payment for a booking on any of our trips the client acknowledges that they have read and understood the above booking conditions and agrees to be bound by them.
42. If you have any complaints whilst on your trip, immediately inform your tour leader or our overseas representative who will use all reasonable efforts to remedy it.
43. Our Leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the group as a whole. Making a booking signifies your acceptance of the Trip Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals for the benefit of the group as a whole. For instance, the Trip Leader may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes: that person’s health is at risk; that they demonstrate inadequate fitness; if an illegal act is committed; or their behaviour becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group. In such cases of Trip Leaders taking such actions, the individual concerned will not be entitled to any refund or other compensation.
44. If you remain dissatisfied with the Trip Leader’s remedial actions, you must make full details of the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of your trip. If you fail to so notify us your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be affected or lost as a result.
45. If an emergency situation should occur, City Mountaineering endeavours to utilise the available emergency services, to manage the incident according to their expert direction, and to make known the incident and its severity to your nominated emergency contact as soon as proves practicable. To this end, you agree to fill out the Emergency Contacts form (found here prior to the departure of your trip.