To our valued City Mountaineering community,
It has been a long and tedious lockdown expedition and a great test of everyone’s mental resolve, but it seems the sun may be beginning to shine again…
We are starting to receive enquiries about future trips and about when we expect to resume operating again. It’s great that you’re keen to get back into the mountains and we’re very happy to receive and answer your enquiries, but please stay patient: The restrictions do not allow group travel yet.
However, we are working very hard on making sure that we are ready to offer small group trips as soon as the restrictions are lifted to allow group travel. Whilst we are not sure of exactly when that will be, we want to make sure that when the time comes we have a plan in place to help keep everyone as safe as possible and to make sure that you feel confident to travel with us.
To that end, we have come up with the following requirements for post-lockdown trips together with a provisional plan for how they will run:
Before any trip takes place
You must be in good health and must not have had – or come into contact with anyone who has had - any of the following symptoms in the two weeks prior to joining the trip:
- High temperature/fever
- Loss of taste and/or smell
- We will be travelling by minibus from London/Maidenhead for every weekend/day trip until further notice.
- We will check everyone’s temperature on arrival at the meeting point. Anyone with a high temperature will not be able to board the minibus or attend the trip.
- You will be required to thoroughly clean your hands before boarding the minibus (cleaning gel will be provided by us).
- You will be required to wear a face mask at all times when inside the minibus (you will be expected to bring your own face mask).
- We will not stop at service stations en route unless in an emergency (however, we may stop at lay-bys when off the motorway for comfort breaks).
- We will camp on all overnight trips (we will not be staying in hostel/bunkhouse accommodation).
- Unless wild camping, we will be staying on designated campsites with shower and toilet facilities and you will not be required to hike with your camping kit.
- If you are joining a trip on your own you will be allocated your own one-person tent.
- If you are joining a trip as a couple, or as two members of the same household, you will be allocated a three-person tent to be used between the two of you.
- Tents, sleeping bags and sleeping mats will be provided if you do not have your own.
- You will have the option to purchase (at a discounted price) the one-man tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat to take with you at the end of the trip.
Provisional Trip Diary
Please have a look at the diary page on our website to see all of our upcoming trips from now until next year.
Please note that, as with all of our trips, your money will be protected until after the trip has taken place. A full refund will be offered and repaid immediately if Covid-19 restrictions mean that a trip has to be cancelled.
Sadly, we have had to cancel this year’s Kilimanjaro trip. However, the dates have now been confirmed for 2021. Now is a great time to tick this one off the bucket-list as we maintain 2020 prices until September. Monthly payment instalments can be arranged and if you book now it’ll cost just £200 per month (please get in contact directly if you would like to arrange a monthly payment plan).
We work hard in providing the best and most unique mountain experiences for everyone and, without you, we would not exist.
I wish you and your family and friends good health and I’ll see you in the mountains again very soon.
Founder, City Mountaineering