02-04 July 2021
The National Three Peaks Challenege: Summiting the highest mountains in England, Scotland and Wales in under 24 hours. A total ascent of over 3000m and a total distance hiked of nearly 45km
Arguably one of the UK’s most well-known challenge events (second only, perhaps, to the London Marathon) the National Three Peaks is understandably on a lot of people’s to do lists. Its an iconic challenge with a long history.
On this trip, you’ll meet the group in London and travel up to Glasgow by train where you’ll be met by your guides. You’ll then be driven by minibus to the foot of Ben Nevis. There the challenge starts!
Once you’ve summited the UK’s highest mountain, you’ll make your way back down to the minibus to be driven to the next peak and England’s highest mountain: Scafell Pike. You’ll arrive here in the middle of the night and your guide will lead you to the summit and back down in the dark.
Its then on to the third and final mountain: Snowdon. You’ll have chance on the journey to try and catch a few hours’ sleep before arriving at the foot of Wales’ highest mountain. The clock stops when once you’ve returned from the summit!
You'll then be driven to your hostel accommodation nearby where there'll be time for a well-earned shower and nap before a celebratory pub dinner.
After a relaxed start on Sunday, you'll be driven back to London in the minibus.
Why do the National Three Peaks with City Mountaineering?
- We'll sort all the logistics for you. From getting to Scotland to start to getting between each mountain and then, finally, getting back home to London.
- As with everything we do, your safety is our first priority. That’s why on this trip there’ll be two guides: An experienced Mountain Leader to guide you up and down each mountain, and a dedicated driver to drive you between each of them. Having two guides means that the driver can rest whilst you are climbing the mountains.
- We’ll also keep you fuelled along the way. We’ll have pasta ready for you when you get back down from each mountain, along with snacks and the all-important caffeinated hot drinks!
Our aim is to make the trip hassle-free for you so that you can concentrate on climbing the mountains!
Friday (from around 9am) - Meet at London Euston station and catch the train to Glasgow where you'll be met by your guides in the minibus. You'll then be driven to Ben Nevis where the challenge will start. Through the night you'll be driven to Scafell Pike and then on to Snowdon.
Saturday - Arriving at Snowdon in the early afternoon, you'll complete the challenge and then be driven to nearby accommodation where you'll get the chance to take a well-earned shower and a quick nap before a celebratory pub dinner.
Sunday - After a relaxed start, you’ll be driven all the way back home to London in the minibus, arriving in the late afternoon.
Included in the Price:
- Train travel from London Euston to Glasgow
- Minibus travel from Glasgow and for the duration of the challenge
- Minibus travel back from Snowdonia to London
- Accommodation in Snowdonia after challenge
- Water and hot drinks throughout the challenge
- Food (pasta etc.) & snacks from start to end of 24hr challenge
- Breakfast on Sunday morning
Not Included in the Price:
- Any meals/food not listed above (e.g. any food on train journey, pub dinner on Saturday evening & service station meal on return journey to London).
- Personal hiking kit