21-28 Decmeber 2020
Looking for something to do over the Christmas period? Want to do something a little different away from the city?
Then look no further! - Here is your solution!
Hike the wild areas of Scotland and stay in a beautiful 5* cottage cottage on the shores of loch Torridon in The North West Highlands - let's test Santa's ability in finding you!
The Exact itinerary and specific locations will not be known until closer to the date, but be rest assured that there will be plenty of hiking, munro summiting and generally having fun :)
You will be met in Inverness and whisked away to the wilds of the Scottish highlands. When the weather and ground conditions are known, we will pick the best area to explore over this festive period!
If the mountains are in full winter condition (lots of snow!) - No problem, everyone will be provided with ice axes and crampons (and taught how to use them) for free!
20% off if booking as a couple! - just get in contact prior to booking (subject to availability)
There's no such thing as a "typical trip" but check out what we got up to at our Glen Coe Christmas in 2018
We will have a full week in the Torridon and surrounding area and the specific itinerary will be decided when the weather and ground/snow conditions are known.
Don't worry, there are plenty of amazing mountains and hikes in the region and the open itinerary will ensure that we make the best of what the season throws at us!
An example itinerary is as follows*:
• Meet in Inverness in the morning of Monday 21 December and drive to our loch-side cottage accommodation for the week - at the fot of the hugely impressive Beinn Aligin mountain! - we will then have a full trip briefing of what to expect for the forthcoming adventure!
• Tuesday 22 December - Head out to climb a local peak directly from our cottage. This will be an easy hike to enable us to get our mountain legs, ready for bigger mountains later in the week.
It may be winter conditions, it may not... I have all the kit for all conditions :)
We will then return to the cottage for dinner and drinks
• Wedensday 23 December - Drive a short distance to climb a local munro (Scottish mountain) - perhaps the iconic Liathach at the top of the loch - before returning to the warmth of the cottage for showers and dinner
• Thursday 24 December - Head out to climb yet another local munro - perhaps Beinn Aligin - then head back to the cottage for pre-Christmas supper and mulled wine
• Friday 25 December - Wake up. Open any gifts that santa may have left us. Go on an easy hike around the coast on Christmas day to build an apetite for the feast that awaits! Return to the cottage for a huge Christmas dinner, drinks and merriment
• Saturday 26 December - It's time to work of the over-indulgence of Christmas and work off those roast potatoes... We will hike another local munro - perhaps the Beinn Eighe? - before return to the cottage for Boxing Day treats (Bubble and Sqeak! - Yum!)
• Sunday 27 December - Our final day may see us drive aroudn the coast to Applecross, where we will take an easy hike to a local peak before heading to a local pub for dinner, to top off a fantastci week in The Scottish Highlands.
• Monday 28 December - Depart our accommodation and make our way back to Inverness for your return home (expect to arrive Inverness at around 1pm)
* The beauty of this trip is that you can pick and choose which hikes you join... If you fancy resting and simply reading in the sun-room of the cottage, that's fine :)