Venture off the beaten track in some of the worlds most inspiring scenery
A 9-day trip from London, including 7-days of hiking the Skye Trail - an Intermediate level unmarked route of 127km (79 miles) through the island of Skye.
There are no waymarks for the route and many sections do not even have a path.
However the rewards as you walk south from the most northerly point on the island are many in terms of:
• Spectacular mountain views - passing under the shadow of the Jagged Cuillin, the finest mountain range in Britain;
• Coastal scenery - from beaches to cliff-tops in areas that are remarkable but almost unvisited;
• Haunting ruins of deserted villages - destroyed in the highland clearances;
• Visiting small island communities, and;
• The superb opportunities for watching wildlife.
This route has been devised for those who prefer to get well away from the beaten track
A trip never to be forgotten!
Saturday - Meet in Glasgow and drive to Skye for a wild camp on the most northern point of the island
Sunday - Coastal hike to Flodigary
Monday - Hike the Trotternish ridge
Tuesday - Cliff-top hike to Portree
Wednesday - optional rest day/coastal hike to Sligachan
Thursday - Hike below the mighty Cuillin mountains to Elgol
Friday - Trail hike to Torrin
Saturday - Hike through deserted villages to Broadford
Sunday - Return to Glasgow and home