07-15 May 2020
A 1-week trip of hiking and island hoping the southern islands off the west coast of Scotland.
Hiking mostly off-track, we will get a boat and hike across the islands of Arran, Islay, Colonsay and Jura
There are no waymarks for the route and many sections do not even have a path. However; the route is familiar to us and the rewards as you explore the best of what these islands have to offer:
• Arran - Hike the classic mountain ridges with 360 panoramic views of the entire island and the Firth of Clyde
• Islay - 9 whisky distilleries, stunning scenery and amazing wildlife
• Colonsay - The jewel of The Hebrides and a place of tranquility, beautiful beaches and friendly locals
• Jura - One of Scotland's last wildernesses, with more Red Deer than people and views of the second largest natural whirlpool in the world
The route has been devised for those who prefer to get well away from the beaten track and is a trip never to be forgotten!
• Guided hiking by an experienced and qualified Mountain Leader
• Return train travel from London
• All road and sea transfers when in Scotland
• All food whilst hiking - excluding any meals in pubs/restaurants/cafes
• All accommodation (tents provided for wild camping sections, hostels & B&Bs)
• Your personal hiking kit
• food & drink in pubs/restaurants/cafes