21-27 Decmeber 2019
Looking for something to do over the Christmas period? Want to do something a little different away from the city?
Then look no further! - Here is your solution!
Hike the wild areas of Scotland and stay in a mountain cottage to test Santa's ability in finding you
The Exact itinerary and specific locations will not be known until closer to the date, but be rest assured that there will be plenty of hiking, munro summiting and generally having fun :)
You will be met in Glasgow and whisked away to the wilds of the Scottish highlands. When the weather and ground conditions are known, we will pick the best area to explore over this festive period!
If the mountains are in full winter condition (lots of snow!) - No problem, everyone will be provided with ice axes and crampons (and taught how to use them) for free!
We will have a full week in the Glencoe area and the specific itinerary will be decided when the weather and ground/snow conditions are known.
Don't worry, there are plenty of amazing mountains and hikes in the region and the open itinerary will ensure that we make the best of what the season throws at us!
An example itinerary is as follows:
• Meet in Glasgow on Saturday 21 December and drive to our mountain hut/cottage accommodation for the week - at the top of the hugely impressive Glencoe valley! - we will then have a full trip briefing of what to expect for the forthcoming adventure!
• Sunday 22 December - Head out to climb a local mountain peak directly from our cottage. This will be an easy hike to enable us to get our mountain legs, ready for bigger mountains later in the week.
It may be winter conditions, it may not... I have all the kit for all conditions :)
We will then return to the cottage for dinner and drinks
• Monday 23 December - Drive a short distance to climb a local munro (Scottish mountain) - perhaps the iconic Buachaille Etive Mor at the top of the Glencoe valley - before returning to the warmth of the cottage for showers and dinner
• Tuesday 24 December - Head out to climb yet another local munro - perhaps Bidean nam Bian - then head back to the cottage for pre-Christmas supper and mulled wine
• Wednesday 25 December - Wake up. Open any gifts that santa may have left us. Go on an easy hike on Christmas day to build an apetite for the feast that awaits! Return to the cottage for a huge Christmas dinner, drinks and merriment
• Thursday 26 December - It's time to work of the over-indulgence of Christmas and work off those roast potatoes... We will hike another local munro - perhaps the Ballachulish Horseshoe? - or, if the snow conditions are good, maybe spend the dat skiing at Glencoe Ski Resort?
• Friday 27 December - Depart our accommodation and make our way back to Glasgow for your return home